Frequently Asked Questions
At UHV Tech Services Inc. we aim to provide the highest level of customer service throughout the entire process. Please feel free to contact us for any questions or concerns!
- Do you offer free estimates?
- What services do you offer?
- What is the best way to get in touch with you guys?
- Why is there an evaluation fee?
- How long does an evaluation take?
- How do I know if I need to send my helium leak detector for repair?
- How do I know if my turbopump needs to be serviced?
- How do you want me to ship my product to you?
- What is your repair process for:
- What is your calibration process?
- What if you can’t fix my product?
- How can I buy one of the products?
The evaluation fee for service is $100-$200 depending on the item being evaluated. This fee is waived if the repair is approved.
UHV Tech Services Inc offers service, sales, and rentals on a variety of vacuum products. We specialize in helium leak detectors, turbomolecular pumps, turbo controllers, calibrations, and product testing.
The fee is for the time to unbox, troubleshoot, and create a repair quote.
Evaluations typically take between 24-48 hours.
Annual preventative maintenance is recommended to ensure proper operation and prevent issues resulting in larger repairs. If the unit is not functioning as expected or an error message is present contact us for troubleshooting or to send in for repair.
If your turbopump is not coming up to proper speed or not pumping to the correct pressure, it may need service. Also if the turbo is making a loud whining or scratching noise it may require service.
Leak detectors are very sensitive electronic equipment and should be securely boxed, banded to a skid, and shipped by a freight service or courier.
Turbo pumps should be packaged in a sturdy box or shipping container and shipped via FedEx Ground or freight service
Please check our repair pages linked above for more on each of these services and the repair processes.
Please check our calibration services page for more on our process.
If we are unable to fix your product we offer new and used solutions to meet your needs.